Terms and Privacy
The term 'ScrapsAway.co.uk' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Scraps Away Ltd, 14 Highstreet, Bovingdon, Herts, HP3 0HG. Our company registration number is 11292023, and it is registered at Companies House, Cardiff. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Any scrap metal prices listed on this site are for reference only and are not guaranteed.
• Scraps Away Ltd or any of the scrap yards listed on site do not guarantee any listed prices. This is due to the metal markets fluctuating constantly throughout the day.
• Scraps Away Ltd do not get involved in any financial transactions between sellers of scrap metal and the buyers.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than by the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website which is not the property of, or licensed to; the operator is acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) or companies associated with them. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Ownership of Site & Content
We own all rights on the ScrapsAway.co.uk website content, review ratings, data, text, designs, pages, the organisation and structure of our data and website, logos, images, artwork, photographs, audio, and video clips.
Where photographs and other images have been sourced from third parties, the appropriate permission would have been gained and acknowledgment posted on the site.
User Posted Content
Our website offers the feature where users can post rated reviews. These reviews must be justified, and a true reflection of service received. Any reviews proved to be fraudulent will be removed without warning. ScrapsAway Ltd has the final say in removing any inappropriate content.
The Site may include links to other websites or applications (each, a “Third Party Site”). We do not control or endorse any Third Party Site. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability or contents of such Third Party Sites. Your use of Third Party Sites is at your own risk. Some of the services made available through the Site may be subject to additional third party or open source licensing terms and disclosures, including the ones posted here and incorporated herein by reference.
Scrap Metal Laws
Scraps Away Ltd. does not take responsibility for any misinterpreted or mistaken legal information provided on our ‘The Law’ page or anywhere else information of this nature may be posted. We cannot offer legal advice on the information provided. This information was taken from publicly available websites.
The site is free to use and be listed on. There will be an optional Premium Listing service which will be introduced gradually. Scrap yards will be offered the opportunity to pay an annual subscription to place your company into a higher ranking and be able to edit your company page information via a login portal. Once on the ‘Premium Service’ The scrap yard will receive information regarding how many times the scrap has been found through the ScrapsAway.co.uk website.
All fees for the Premium Listing will be paid annually and in advance of the listing. All Premium Yard Listings are subject to final approval by us. Scraps Away Ltd reserves the right to decide whether, where, and how a Premium Listing is listed. We also reserve the right to reject a Premium Listing submission.
All fees paid for the Premium Listing are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Cancellations can be made via sending us an email on the email@example.com website. Listings will then be downgraded to the free service. Cancellations may take up to a maximum of 3 working days to complete.
Scrap Yard Contact & Service Information Corrections
Should any of the information displayed for the scrap yards be incorrect then please email the correct information to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact form on the Contact Us page.
Published Scrap Metal Prices
Our website has the feature where customers can publish prices to scrap yards. This feature works by logging into your Facebook or Twitter accounts and then publishing the prices that were received. These prices must be accurate at the time the deal was completed. Please check the published date next to the published price to see when the price was uploaded.
If these published prices are thought to incorrect here is an option to flag the prices. Scraps Away Ltd will then review the request. If prices are proved to be incorrect, then they may be taken down. Scraps Away Ltd has the final decision.
Reviewing Scrap Yards
Once scrap yards have been visited the seller has the option to leave a starred review. 1 star being bad service and five stars being excellent service. All reviews will be passed on to the scrap yards, so they have the opportunity to review them. If reviews are thought to be fraudulent, then please contact Scraps Away Ltd, and they will be reviewed. If the review is proved to be incorrect, then it may be taken down. Scraps Away Ltd has the final decision.
Facebook & Twitter Login
The only information we store regarding your Facebook account is called an 'FB access token' - A unique access token in a session that is used to identify who you are by Facebook.
The only information we store regarding your Twitter account is called an 'oauth_token' - A unique authentication token in a session that is used to identify who you are by Twitter.
All another handling of the user's data is handled by Facebook and Twitter.
No personal information regarding your profiles from your social media accounts is passed onto us.